With the car-simulator you can perform an extremely precise eye training close to everyday life, as you can precisely define the signal position.
- For this exercise you must be logged in (Instruction) and you must be on the home page.
1. Open the exercise by clicking on the corresponding box¶
2. Select the desired region¶
3. Change the settings under ‘Further options’.¶
4. Change the settings¶
- Here you can change the signal positions left and right using the controls in the vertical and horizontal axes.
- Here you can also change how long a signal should be displayed
- Change the background sound of the exercise (car sound)
- Change the radio station here or in exercise as an additional distraction
- At the end, click ‘Save’
5. Click ‘Start’¶
6. Click ‘Start’¶
7. Press the spacebar when you see a red signal¶
Either a green, orange or red signal appears randomly to the left or right. Press the space bar on your keyboard as soon as you see a red signal. Have your eyes automatically scan the left and right signals. After 10 correct passes an evaluation appears (see next picture). Change the number of passes in the Settings
- Note: Errors are also counted as a pass.
- Note: If you want to end the exercise prematurely, press the ESC key
8. Click ‘Save and quit’ or ‘Next’¶
This evaluation shows you how quickly and correctly you reacted per page. If you want to finish the exercise, click ‘Save and quit’, otherwise click ‘Next’.
9. Click on ‘Continue training’¶
After the exercise, a statistic appears in which you can analyze the exercise you have just performed. For more detailed evaluations, click on ‘Display further statistics’.